Opined Copyright Policy
At Opined, we expect our users to respect the intellectual property rights of others. All capitalized terms used in the Opined Copyright Policy have the same meaning as defined in the Opined Terms of Service, which incorporates this policy by reference into its terms.
Discouragement of Copyright Infringement
We ask users of Opined to take care to avoid infringing copyrights of others. If you infringe the copyrights of others, Your Content may be removed or suspended in whole or part. It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and our discretion, to disable and/or terminate accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are charged repeatedly with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
We also provide a mechanism for copyright owners, or those authorized to act on behalf of an owner of a copyright, to report the infringing use of their content on the Opined Platform. You can send us your complaints through our Contact Us page. For us to work on your complaint, you should:
- Provide your contact information, including your mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works are covered in your complaint, you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient for us to locate each instance of allegedly infringing material that you are requesting to be removed or disabled. (For example, by providing each URL where the material may be found on the Opined Platform.)
- Include the following statements in the body of the complaint: I declare that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or a reference link to such material is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use). I declare that the information in this complaint is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- Include an electronic signature with full legal name
For your convenience, we provide you with this Contact Us page to complete and send us electronically.
For fasted handling, use our Contact Us page. If you use an alternative method, it may delay us in processing your request.
If There Is a Copyright Complaint Against You
If you receive a notice that a posting or portion of Your Content has been removed or suspended due to a copyright complaint that means that we removed it at the request of a content owner. If you believe the material was removed in error, you have the option to file a counter-notification. Please note that there are potentially serious consequences for fraudulent or bad faith submissions of counter-notification and are subject to appropriate action. Before submitting a counter-notification you should be sure that you are the actual rights holder of the content removed or that you have a good faith belief that content was erroneously removed. It is important to make sure that you understand the repercussions of submitting a false counter-notification. A proper counter-notification should be sent by replying to the email notification you received, and it should contain the following:
Your name, address, and telephone number
- The URLs of the content that was removed or disabled by us (You can copy and paste the link provided in the notification email)
- The following statements: I consent to the jurisdiction of the judicial district in which Opined is located. I will accept service of process from the claimant of the copyright of infringement. I declare, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the content was removed as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your electronic signature with full legal name
When we receive a proper counter-notification, we will forward it to the party who originally complained about the alleged copyright violation. If we do not receive a notice from the original complainant within 10 business days, stating that the original complainant is seeking a court order to prevent further infringement of the content at issue, we will clear the complaint from your account’s record, and, at our discretion, we may replace the content that was removed.